Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fantasy Shoe...

Inspired by the many amazing sketches of Manolo Blahnik from my previous post, here's my own fantasy shoe. Sparkly and feathered and sky high... oh my! I hope you like...

Today, the BF was sitting at his nice desk/computer area while I was on the couch trying to draw on a not so flat surface in my lap when it occurred to me: this is not working. I've been thinking about rearranging the apartment to accommodate a little studio. In NYC it's a crime not to utilize every inch of space in your apartment and there's an unused corner in the living room I've had my eye on for awhile.

If I'm going to take myself seriously, I should at least allow myself a sturdy drawing surface and some decent light. Perhaps I'll tackle this little project next weekend. Until then... more couch drawings for me! Where do you create your fabulous artwork? Do you have a studio space? I'd love to know where everyone creates their masterpieces, do tell!

Happy creating!

3 comments:

  1. As usual, beautiful drawing, you're the champion in the draw shoes and accessories:)
    You know that I am a big fan of your blog:) and as for your article - I draw my drawings on a small desk or .. bed. There I spread a sheet of paper and a laptop:)
    Have a creative week :)))) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is stunning! If only it could be manufactured somehow..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, i don't currently have a work area, at my current place there is not desk in my room. This illustration is beyond STUNNING! Love it.
    By the way I did not get to visit the McQueen exhibit, I wish I had. I kept waiting too long...ugh.

    Aldina
    Circle of Design Fashion Illustration

    ReplyDelete