Monday, July 18, 2011

Closet Envy...

There are so many fashionable bloggers out there with seemingly infinite wardrobes. I'm amazed by the 'costumes' created daily by Kelly and Denni. It must be so fun to get dressed in the morning when you have all those fancy things hanging in your closet!

To be honest, I've been having a bit of artist's block these days. I could really use a good assignment. It was so nice to have that framework in school to build from. I'm trying to keep up with my drawing in the hopes of getting better at it but I keep hitting a wall. What should I be drawing? How should I be drawing? Who am I drawing for?

I've always been the one with a plan, checking off the steps to get to my goal. But what happens when your goals change? Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself and I should just be patient. After all, I've only been steadily blogging for six weeks.

Until I find some answers for myself, I know I have to keep drawing... anything. I think it's time to open that big book of inspiration! Have a good week...

5 comments:

  1. what a lovely illustration, i love looking at those fancy closets too!:)

    Hope you find a lot of inspirations and motivations soon!I agree, maybe just keep drawing, and maybe think about drawing for yourself instead of satisfying other people? I'm pretty sure, when you had a lot of fun drawing what you love to draw, audiences come!:)

    Have a beautiful day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanna!!!

    First of all let me thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, and for following me!! I really like your blog and I'm following you with Bloglovin'too :D

    For being 6 weeks of blogging only, I think you're doing great!!! Your drawings are nice, your text is well written and your ideas are cool to read...

    Your questions and "fears" remind me a lot of when I started blogging... What I can tell you is that you will understand how to do it and what to draw little by little, for now just follow your heart and do only what you like: people have to feel passion in your posts! :-)

    I've been blogging for 8 months and I'm continuously changing and evolving and I still don't understand very well the direction to go... But that's the fun part in the end!! :D

    Enjoy the Summer and the sun in NYC, that city must be great with good weather (still have to visit it!!)

    A kiss

    Al

    -The Red Dot-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your support and kind words! It means so much to me to read your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Johana! I work in a small food office, I would like to be able to have contact by e-mail with you. We would like to ask for your authorization to use the image that you have in your blog for a presentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lina,

      I appreciate you reaching out! Please send me an e-mail to joanna@joanna-baker.com with more information on how you would like to use my illustration. I do charge a licensing fee for use of my existing images for business purposes. Thanks and I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon!

      Sincerely,
      Joanna

      Delete