Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Sketch a Day...

I finally sat down today and drew. It was nice and frustrating at the same time... it takes me awhile to get back into the groove. I've been meaning to freshen up my website for awhile now and decided to feature my newest girl on my home page. She's sporting a sparkly dress and retro shades! The site isn't exactly how I want it yet (it never is) but this at least reflects the idea of where I want to go with it. 

I've been longing for my school days in fashion drawing class where two and a half hours of my day were devoted to sketching. I miss being challenged-- by my classmates, my professor, and myself, really. I know I can't get better if I don't keep drawing but it's so hard to come home after a nine hour day at work and sketch. Maybe if I make it a point to draw something - anything - every day I'll catch the 'bug' again and take off with it. So here's to a sketch a day...

2 comments:

  1. I feel the exact same way! Missing school, missing sketching, missing me. . . Great blog here, and thanks for the link back to Fabulous Doodles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooke! Thanks for your post, I'm a loyal fan of your blog. It's really nice to connect with other people going through the same things. I remember my professor at Parsons (Lamont O'Neal) brought some sketches into class one day done by a friend of his at FIT. They were by Renaldo Barnette... we all ooed and ahhed over them. That must have been awesome to have him as a teacher! I wish I had taken more illustration classes in school. After working in the industry a bit on the design side of things, I find I'm more excited to get home and draw for my blog! Still not sure if that's a good or bad thing =) Happy sketching, I look forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete